The Malaysian Fisheries Society (MFS) will hold two activities in conjunction with its 32nd Annual General Meeting on 16 April 2019.
A seminar on recent research activities in capture fisheries, aquaculture and fisheries resources conservation.
- Aquaculture Research Programme for Sustainable Fish and Shrimp Production by Dr. Zainoddin Jamari, FRI Batu Maung, Penang
- Development of Management Plans for Capture Fisheries in Malaysia by Dr.Alias Man, DOF, Putrajaya.
- Recent Emerging Diseases in Aquaculture by Dr. Azila Abdullah (NaFISH, Batu Maung, Penang)
- Aquatic Biodiversity Conservation in Malaysia: Current Progress and Future Challenges by Dr Haslawati Baharuddin (FRI Glami Lemi, Negri Sembilan).
An R&D dialogue session
This is an interactive platform for all stakeholders (industry, government and academia) to discuss current R&D outputs by DOF researchers, exchange ideas and develop future R&D strategies for a sustainable and well managed aquaculture and fisheries production in Malaysia.
All stakeholders will be divided into groups of 10/table to voice their R&D needs and concerns at this industry-DOF dialogue in these areas:
- Marine Fish
- Marine Shrimp
- Freshwater Aquaculture
- Capture Fisheries Marine fish